Here are a few data about my personal history, for anyone interested in such things.
- Cal State San Bernardino, San Bernardino, Calif., BA 2012, philosophy.
- San Bernardino Valley College, San Bernardino, Calif. January-May
2006, introductory philosophy.
- University of Phoenix, San Bernardino, Calif. Attended 2004-2005,
- University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Fla., BA 1975, sociology.
- Florida Junior College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Fla., AA 1972.
- Fleet Sonar School, U.S. Naval Station Key West, Fla., advanced electronics and ASW weapon control systems, October 1965 - November 1966.
- Merced College, Merced, Calif. Attended 1963-1965.
- Merced High School, Merced, Calif. Diploma 1963.
OTHER SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
- Computers: MS-DOS versions 2 through 6; Windows versions 3.1 through 7;
WordPerfect versions 5.1 through X4; Dreamweaver; Corel Paint Sho Pro X2; Lotus, Corel, and MS office suites; BASIC
and QBASIC programming; MS-DOS batch file programming; basic HTML.
- Residential carpentry, electricity, and plumbing; basic automotive
- History of science, mathematics, and technology.
- Held first-class FCC radiotelephone license, 1972-1982.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Received AA degree With High Honors
- Received BA degree With Distinction
- Miscellaneous performance bonuses and letters/certificates of
- Represented philosophy department as student speaker for 2012
Commencement of Cal State, San Bernardino
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (partial)
- April 2009 to present:
AlliedBarton Security Services, San Bernardino, Calif. Private security guard.
(Allied Universal since April 2016.)
- August 2008 to March 2009: Securitas Security Services , San
Bernardino, Calif. Private security guard.
- October 2007 to August 2008:
Camguard Security, Ontario, Calif. Private security guard.
- June 2004 to October 2007:
Securitas Security Services San Bernardino, Calif. Private security guard.
- June 2000 to September 2002: The Sun, San Bernardino, Calif. Copy
- November 1996 to September 1999: Volunteers of America of Florida,
Jacksonville, Fla. Independent living counselor.
- May 1995 to November 1996: Precision Tune Car Care, Orange Park,
Fla. Lubrication technician.
- October 1994 to May 1995: Self-employed handyman.
- April 1994 to October 1994: Hinson Electrical Contracting Co.
Inc.,Jacksonville, Fla. Laborer.
- June 1990 to March 1994: 7-Eleven, St. Augustine, Fla. Retail
- June 1990 to August 1990: Authentic Old Drugstore, St. Augustine, Fla. Retail clerk.
- August 1982 to January 1990: St. Augustine Record, St. Augustine,
Fla. Staff writer and part-time copy editor.
- November 1975 to July 1982: Florida Publishing Co.,
Jacksonville, Fla. Copy editor and staff writer.
- August 1975 to November 1975: WAPE-AM, Jacksonville, Fla.
News writer and assistant station engineer.
- May 1974 to July 1974: Sullivan Electric Co., Fernandina Beach,
Fla. Electrician's helper.
- October 1973 to May 1974: Western Electric Co., Jacksonville,
- June 1971 to August 1971: Williams Radio & TV, Jacksonville,
Fla. TV repair technician.
- March 1971 to June 1971: Metro-Tech, Jacksonville, Fla. TV
- March 1964 to June 1965: Vernon's Drive-In, Merced, Calif.
U.S. Navy, 1965-1971, honorably discharged as sonar technician second
class. Operated, maintained, and repaired analog computer and related components
of antisubmarine weapon-control system. Divisional leading petty officer during
final year of enlistment. Collateral duties: supervisor of system maintenance
documentation; master-at-arms; ship's librarian; divisional mail petty officer;
Protestant lay leader.
Boot camp: Great Lakes, Ill. Member, Bluejacket Choir
Service school: Fleet Sonar School, Key West, Fla., 9/65-11/66.
Member, sonar school choir "Singing Men from the School of Sound."
Permanent station: USS Power (DD 839), Mayport, Fla., 11/66-3/71
Deployments: Mediterranean, 1967; Vietnam, 1968-69; Mideast, 1970.
CITIES WHERE I HAVE LIVED
Key West, Fla.
Jacksonville Beach, Fla.
Fernandina Beach, Fla.
Orange Park, Fla.
St. Augustine, Fla.
San Bernardino, Calif.
CHURCHES I HAVE ATTENDED REGULARLY OR BEEN A MEMBER OF
Church of Religious Science, 1988-90
Disciples of Christ, 1958-1959
Return to site home
(This page was last updated on April 25, 2017.)